In this article, we’ll take a brief look at the popularity of Node.JS, future of Node.js and why should you learn it.
What is Node.js?
In case, if you are new or want to reckon what Node.js is:
What makes it great?
- Node.js provides a purely event-driven and non-blocking approach for writing highly concurrent web applications.
- Node.JS is very lightweight and efficient for data-intensive, real-time applications that run across distributed devices
- NPM, the package manager of Node.js hosts almost half a million packages publicly available. Probably, NPM just brought you the largest ecosystem of open source libraries in the world.
Node.js popularity in 2018
Stackoverflow survey states that:
Popularity of Javscript in 2018 Popularity of Node.JS in 2018
World of full-stack developers
Future of node.js
New trends like go, elixir taking the tech community by storm. But yet they need to prove their worth where Node.JS already in a good position and growing every day. Nothing happens overnight, even if another tech comes in the play tomorrow, it will take a very good time to make Node.JS obsolete.
why should you learn node.js in 2018
- Tons of open source modules makes your life easier
- You don’t have to learn a new language and easy to get started
- Node.JS is very efficient and highly scalable.
How and What to learn | Guideline
Node.js is super cool and investing your time to explore Node.js is still a very good choice in 2018.
What is your thoughts on it, let me know in the comments below !
Monday, October 1, 2018